The other night we had like 10 minutes left before we had to be home. So we went and knocked on this door, nothing. So I had a feeling "like ah we should just go home, its only 10 minutes, what's the big deal?" But I knew we shouldn't waste those minutes, so we knocked a few more doors & then went home. The last door we knocked they sounded interested & invited us back. I asked Sis. Kallas about it later and she said that she had felt the same way as I had, so we both concluded that that was Satan trying to get us not to go to that last house.
So I guess I felt prompted to send you this letter Mom. This is something that applies so well to what we're going through. It's just taken me a while to realize it.
Lets read the Book of Mormon together... Highlight every reference to Jesus Christ & Heavenly Father & everything they say. Underline everything that stands out tou you individually. Replace names with your name. Even Nephi!! When it says, "I Nephi" he needs to think of him, not Nephi :) Something that hit me while reading, is that sometimes we have to do all we can & then ask for help. Perhaps that is why this Book of Mormon idea kept hammering me in my head. Perhaps this is the 'all we can do' portion of that thought.
You raised us right. You taught us correct principles. You have been strong, Dad as well. This affected us. We will remember my Father & Mother to have said these things. I love you more than anything & I hope I can give you comfort like you did for me. Things will be okay. Thank you for being my Mom. Thank Dad for being my Dad. You are my best friends & I miss you alot.
Sis Kallas is amazing. She is helping me find that greenie fire I've never had, and have never served with anyone that had that either. I love this work & things are working out well. I regret those 3 months, but I can't change any of that as it says in the bible.. Hebrews 6:15, "And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise." Mosiah 27:14, "And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to a knowledge of the truth."
Love you, Nicole
Thank you for the video. It made me so happy to see Dad playing the Uke.
Love your guts!
No comments:
Post a Comment