Thursday

August 2010 part B

I really see that you are being given a challenge. I think you need to be the one to over come some of these issues. There are some past insecurities coming out, and you need to take charge and over come it. One thing that I wanted to say, but didn't get the chance because you were just..... gone...... I know that you want to look back at this time of your mission and be proud of what you acomplished as well as have happy and fond memories. Part of that is not only the companions that you have and the people that you teach but how you grew as a woman and a child of God. Don't let Satan weigh you down. Remember that saying... Live your life in such a way that when you roll out of bed and your feet hit the floor Satan says, "Oh crap she's up." Roll out of bed every morning and focus on what YOU need to do to accomplish the things the LORD has asked you to do.

XOXOX
MOM


Kananaskis is a provincial park, we went hiking and got to see a glacier lake, i want to take dad to it sooo bad!!!


So I thought about everything and I dont know something clicked in my head last Wednesday and things have been amazingly good all week, Sis. Kallas and I are good friends and she says it feels like a sleepover everynight cause we just talk about stuff for forever. I also was realizing that I needed to get a grip when I was explaining to a less active why it was so important for me to be here, thanks for the fast everything is way better! I love you thank you for the prayers and helping me get focused last week.  :-)

So yeah it was the day that we finally got ahold of this less active that I've been trying to get a hold of for 3 months and I was telling her why being on a mission was so important to me and I realized that I had been thinking of myself the past 3 months and that I was here for the Lord no one else, so I changed my attitude and Sis. Kallas and I have had an awesome week. I think Ive been happier in the past week than I have been in a long time.

Aug 10

Laura,
My name is Kathy Layton. Your daughter is serving in our ward. I have had the great opportunity of getting to know her better as she has been in our home the past few months either for dinners or to teach the missionary discussions to our family. How very proud you should be of her and the commitment she has made to be obedient to all mission rules, to serve those around her and because of her choices to teach with the spirit. She truly is an effective missionary who takes her commitment to the Lord very serious. She covers two wards - DeWinton Ward and Crystal Ridge Ward. The DeWinton Ward (the one that we are in) is very unique. It is made up of an area with alot of acreages and a small pocket of houses in an area called Heritage Pointe. The sisters do alot of service because there is not alot of tracking that goes on. It is difficult because alot of the members own cabins in Montana and honestly our ward is dessimated for most of the summer. The other ward seems to be a little more contained than our ward.


Our son is leaving for a mission in December and the sisters have been a huge influence on him. The other day as they taught the lesson on faith the spirit was very strong. Sister Andrews asked Brett "When was the last time you felt the spirit?" With tears in his eyes he responded "Right now!". They are coming again tonight to teach another lesson. What great examples of how effective he can be as a missionary. He is going to the San Antonio, Texas mission.

Thanks for sharing your daughter with us. I can only imagine how difficult it is to not be able to talk to your daughter for 18 months. We have a daughter at BYU Provo and we miss her terribly. We are, however, able to talk to her daily on the phone.

May your family be blessed as your daughter continues to serve faithfully with a righteous heart.

Sincerely,
Kathy Layton


So a little blurb and then Im going to do a few other emails. things this week have been good. It was sad, that picture of me and Linda, she went down to merida Mexico this week and had surgery, so Im a little worried about her but things are going well. We got a new investigator this week that met with the missionaries in Jaffry, B.C., and we set a baptismal date with her. Our other investigator Gen is moving to Lethbridge on Sept 4. so that is sad.  So apart from that things are good, oh and you can brag to dad!  Each zone conference we clean our cars and then the fleet coordinator (E. Zaugg) judges and who ever wins gets to trade cars with someone else. anyway, we won! against all the elders, it was way sweet! and our zone won the pizza party cause we had the nicest cars so that is tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment