well I'm glad you are not being transfered, that gives you and Kallas some more time! Last night your Dad said maybe we should just fly you (meaning me) to Calgary that way I can come back with you, but I told him to just wait and lets see and then you said that about us coming. I told see just wait a little and she will figure out what she really wants us to do.
Sept 13,
Hi Sister Andrews,
I am the RS president of the Crystalridge Ward where your daughter is serving. I wanted to write you and let you know how much I love Sis. Andrews. We have had her in our home quite a few times, and the spirit has always been so strong. I have a son who is almost ready to leave on a mission and her example has been wonderful for him. Whenever I visit less active sisters in our ward, they always tell me the sister missionaries have been there. One sister said to me, "How could anyone ever slam a door in their faces, they are so sweet!" They are being so diligent and faithful in their callings, you can be "well pleased". We'll take good care of her while she is here.
Sincerely,
Sis. Maralee Groome
So I figured i would actually write something since you had to leave. So like i said things are going very well. Since Sis. Kallas got here we have seen tremendous blessings for our obedience. We have gotten at least 6 or 7 new investigators, most of them have either a) moved b) for the spanish elders or c) for the YSA elders...so yeah that kind of sucks, but im alot happier than i have been in a while. Which is good. So yeah, one of my favorite moments this week was when we went to Heather Fancourts house and i showed her pictures of you guys. It was fun and the message afterward was about families so that was cool. We also do what we call a 7 day challenge. And this is what happened the other night (sis. Kallas finds this hilarious) so our ward mission leader called and we talked for a while and before he got off he said, "Is there anything i can do for you sisters?" so i said, "well yeah, you can find someone for us to teach in 7 days, will you do that?" and he goes "i cant guarantee anything, but, i will try.." so anyway she just found it funny that i did it over the phone. so yeah..... fun.....anyway...yeah things are great and i miss you all and i hope that each of you realize that i expect and email next week :-) Keep it up! --love ya'll Sis. Andrews
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010
I'm glad to hear that things are going well, things are going well here, we got a couple of new investigators yesterday and we found out this morning that the 2 investigators that were moving out of the ward that we can't baptize them because they are transient.....so yeah....did you get my pictures of our zone and the car award?
Sent: Mon, September 13, 2010
Subject: i found out...
this week that putting miracle whip on a grilled cheese sandwich is a Texas thing....
no actually your grandma has always done it so I brought it over from Arkansas!!
Sept 19
Laura,
I saw your daughter yesterday at one of the member's homes and then saw her at a corn bust later that day. She seems to be doing really well. They have alot of investigators and things have really picked up since the summer for them. She mentioned that you would be coming to pick her up in June. She was super excited about that. IT sounds like you and her have a very solid relationship. What a wonderful experience for both of you to spend some time together before she enters the "real" world again.
Please let me know if there is anything you need from this end. I notice a huge growth in her these past few months. You should be very proud of her and the type of missionary that she is.
Kathy
Dad, will you either write or email me, your conversion experience this week?
Nephi has decided to go to Utah at the end of October. Dad is asking off, so he will be going with him. I will be home alone for a week! I'm already scared :) He is going to be living with Chaz in Orem. I am being supportive, but I will miss him.
So I was reading your emails that you had with your Dad and saw that you were asking him for his conversion story. So I was asking him why he didn't write it to you. (I think he doesn't like to type) So I repeated what he told me years ago, and said how hard is that? So I typed it up and he agreed to it all. So here ya go.... "I was at Uncle George's house and the counselor from the bishopric was coming over with the missionaries to teach him. There was a night that they came over and Uncle George wasn't there and I told the missionaries I might be interested in learning about what they were teaching him. So Elder Chris Kessler from San Jose California and Elder Olson (I think that was his name), began teaching me the lessons. We ordered pizza and played basketball and had the missionary discussions. From the beginning to baptism it was just 2 weeks." Now.... the rest of the story.... As I was typing this and reading it to Dad, and he told me Elder Kessler's full name... I said, "I wonder if he is on facebook?" So I typed in the top... Chris Kessler... and the very first one that came up was a guy with a lady and they were from Sacramento California. So I sent him a message and asked if he as from San Jose and was he in Odessa Texas in 1982? Within 3 minutes after I sent the message he responded that he was!! So we have spent the past hour talking with him. It has been so awesome, I think your Dad was very touched by the fact that we were able to find him. I told him... "See if your daughter had not asked, and I had not pushed, then you might not have found him." So Dad says thank you! Well I'm going to go. It's late and we are getting up early! I will look forward to hearing from you. XOXOXO Mom
So you are going to get to meet Dad's Elder Kessler's son, Elder Kessler? That's crazy!! Have fun and tell my fellow missionary Hello :)
HEY!
yes i did get your package....thankyou lots! :-) i think Sis. Kallas thinks I'm wierd cause I ate the pictachios for like 4 days in a row..... :-) and yes i have gotten Elsie's postcards! Im glad that it worked out....and that he found the missionary who taught him. We had a hectic week, not the greatest and i hope that i never have to re-live it again. One of our investigators was supposed to be baptized saturday night....but because of housing stuff...he did not.
OK, so things are going ok now, we went to the temple on thursday and i called and talked to sister Archibald a bit, as well as talked to Sis. Owens most of the time that i was at the temple so most things are good now. Anyway i found out that 2 of the people i taught while i was in Lethbridge (Gino and Megan Mckee) both got baptized a few weeks ago, our investigator Gen that moved to Lethbridge now wants to get baptized, and the investigator that is living in Alaska that Sis. Jones and I were teaching is now meeting with missionaries. So that was way good.

No comments:
Post a Comment