Thursday

October 2010 part 1

Nicole,
I really enjoyed conference yesterday morning and this morning. I watched about 1/2 of yesterday afternoon and will see part of this one in a few. I don't have to go to work until 5. When Pres. Eyring began to read Alma 29 I started crying. I thought of Grandpa and you. Nephi was here watching. The topic seemed to be Missionary work :) He did hear Pres Monson's talk at the beginning yesterday. We'll see. He is so ready to be gone from work, that maybe once he gets out of here his perspective will change a little. I don't know I just keep praying for him to make good choices. All will be good :)

I hope your week has gone somewhat better. Please remember that Satan will do what he can to put a wedge between you and your companion especially when things were going good for a while. You were working good and then he throws a wrench in it. He thrives on conflict. Stay strong and pray together often. Pray for her as well. This area has been good. You have grown a lot. I know that because of the things that you have said as well as the emails that I receive from the sisters there. They see your growth as well.

Well I am going now. Conference will be on soon and I need to take a shower so that I can go to work in the middle of it. I love you very much. Stay strong and remember.... God Loves you and so do I.... and remember who you are. Brutus and Sadie are licking the screen and sending all sorts of kisses your way.

Love you bunches
XOXOXO
Mom

Laura,
It was good to see Sis. Andrews at the temple. She gave me a big hug and I was able to sit by her and put my arm around her and give her hugs, too. I think she needed that. She did try to tell me a little about her frustrations.  You asked what you could do for her? I know you are praying for her, I am too. This is a trial for her, for sure, but it is also a time for her to grow. If she could get to a point where she doesn't dwell so much on the past and miss her other experiences from the past, and start to look forward, maybe she will be happier. Help her to hang in there until the transfer on Oct. 20 and hopefully she'll get to go to a new area and have some new experiences (hopefully some successful ones). I have a daughter at home, our youngest, that goes thru trials quite often. I have found that usually she just wants to talk about it, complain, ask what she should do, etc. If I just listen and let her vent, usually she figures out how to handle it on her own. Sometimes, I've had suggestions, and worry about it, but find out later that she has worked it out on her own.

Sis. Archibald told me she received a beautiful blessing from her district leader not too long ago. Remind her to think about the blessings she was given in that - her companion wrote it down for her so she could read it and hopefully find comfort in it. Also, maybe the advise that Pres. Hinckley received from his father when he was on his mission: "forget yourself and go to work". I do love your daughter and hope that she can 'figure' this out and come out stronger for it. I completely understand the 'worried mommy thing' and hope you can find the right things to say to her.

Love, Sis. Owens

oh hey mom i have decided that you and i should take a trip to europe so you should start saving like 10 dollars everytime you get paid or something....cause plane tickets from London to paris and from London to Scotland or Ireland or something are cheap once you get over there and also just cause we need to get out there and see the world !!!! :-)

We tracted into this guy who decided to get all mad at us and tell us that if we had knocked on his door that we would be trespassing and how were doing more harm than good...so haha ...anyway, we also taught Gen (previous investigator who moved to Lethbridge) and Kumani (current investigator, in high school, and a football player) and both of them were way sweet.  Gen is getting baptized this saturday in Lethbridge and Kumani we are working on but we had a way sweet lesson yesterday.... And of course turkey dinner at the Rose family's house....way good ;-)

Mom- Oh yeah Sis Landry called me last week. That was fun! I appreciate her calling long distance. That was very nice. Did she give you a hug from me?


Yeah she gives us a hug everytime we see her and she also wrote some notes for me about what you said, I stuck them in my scriptures :-) so things are well and emails next week will be on Tuesday because of transfers. I kind of don't want to leave...oh well, I guess I will find out then, the reason for the delay is because we had to have district meetings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment