Monday

April

This is Ceri Edwards!  (this is a note from Mom)-- My birthday was April 8 and had gone for most of the day with it being uneventful.  I was coming in the door from having dinner with Terry and my phone rang.  It was from an area code that I didn't recognize so I answered and it was Ceri, she told me who she was and then said that she had just had Sis. Andrews at her house, and that she said it was my birthday, so she asked her for my phone number so that she could call me.  Well that is all it took to make me cry.  It touched me so much that she would call not only long distance, but out of the country to tell someone she didn't know a Happy Birthday!!  Thanks Ceri you are awesome!!!

I’m staying with Sis. Hill and we are getting Sis. Mortimer from Rigby, Idaho... and we are teaching the same people as last time with not much new....let’s see.... Butch, Nyanyak, Valory, Nesta and Christina, Blain, Ed, Emma, Sarah, Jason, and 3 more that I’m missing right now....
You should listen to Pres. Monson’s from Priesthood, I heard it was really good. I also liked Elder Nelson and Elder Scott’s talks...this was a good General Conference, I got a lot of stuff out of it...
June 28 is the farewell fireside and I should fly home a day or two later.  I don’t want to fly into PI the only airline that does is the one that crashed 2 times last year....and its ok if its only you guys, that is perfectly fine by me.... I think flying into Moncton will be good.  That way we can meet with Pres. Pattison.  Then see you can just drive with me to Utah.  Maybe we can dip down and go and see the Arkansas family on our way :)  Dad said he did want to take me to Niagara Falls..... that’s on the way too, right?  I will need to get rid of some stuff and some things can maybe stay at the house until I get married.  Oh, in answer to your question, it’s okay about business college, I might be changing my mind again so I’m planning on going home and looking at length and what is required for that major or a different one, and I wasn’t planning on going until Jan or so, so we will see how it goes... 

A) Do you have money to help me get down to Utah or were you going to do the trip on credit?  Cause if you are I can stay at home for awhile until I have the money to move myself....

B) I was hoping Salt Lake cause next year I wanted to go ahead and get a student loan and go to LDS Business College.  But I know that I won’t be able to afford anything higher than 5 or 6 hundred a month on rent...so, if you can find a place in Salt Lake with rent either that or lower that would be good, haha.  But I know that’s impossible, so pretty much anywhere like Sandy or S. Jordan. 
Yes I know that Heavenly Father knows where we need to be, and who we need to be with... I’m glad that Ceri got a hold of you, all I said at dinner was.. Today is my mom’s birthday, and she said, what’s your phone number I will give her a call....and then I thought she lost it, and that I gave her Nephi’s on accident....anyway it made me happy to hear her say that she talked to you...and she said, “You made your mother cry!”

Our week was good, life is fun having Sister Mortimer around. And one of the recent developments in the teaching pool is Jason. We met him about 2 and a half weeks ago when one of our recent converts invited her brother to dinner with us. He was scared the entire time and while we were teaching him he told us that he thought he was going to go to hell. So we taught him about the Atonement and told him that he would make it to heaven. And last week we taught him about the Plan of Salvation. He has been counseling with our bishopric on Wednesday nights, has started calling his brother in law "Brother Angevine", and he was determined to come to church on Sunday. It was so cool to see him there and another investigator at church that we thought was totally against the church. Anyway it is so amazing to see the change in Jason, he is so much more happier and has been asking his friends "what would you think if I became Mormon?" It is cool; I am so glad that I am in this area right now. 
Mom- “It was so awesome that Sis Edwards called me on Friday!  When she said who she was and that you wanted to wish me a Happy Birthday I started crying.  I hadn't heard from Nephi yet that night and it was so neat to hear from you even if it was by proxy!!  I know that she told me when you would be there on Saturday and that I could just "happen" to call, but I didn't feel right about it.  We will get to talk in just a month.  But I wanted you to know I love you!”

Sorry I didn’t know that Elder Scott was coming yesterday till after emails last week. So it was good, I got some good insights…  
1. Every child that is brought into an LDS home is prepared to face and succeed in life.

2. If someone you know has strayed from the church...be open-minded, a good friend, patient & available....they will come back.... We also got to talk to our investigator Jason this week. We are trying to help him quit smoking, so we broke up his cigarettes yesterday, took him shopping (showed him how to pick out fruits & veggies) and we called him twice last night and he called us twice this morning. He couldn’t sleep last night cause he wanted a smoke.  We kept trying to get him off the phone but he was insistent on planning his baptismal service.... and he’s a chef so he’s going to make me a cheesecake for my birthday...  We told him he should come hang out with us today and that will probably help him. So it’s exciting....  oh and guess what! Hes getting baptized May 7th!
Funny story, Jason told us this morning (after he got some sleep and sounded human again) that his mom made him stop smoking signs to put all around the house even though her and his dad both smoke....that made us smile :-)

I don’t know what’s in my head I’m counseled to not have anything in my head but missionary work and I can’t get online and decide or anything cause I’m only allowed on email. 
Balut is half-fertilized duck egg....delicacy in the Philippines. and my stuff is with Nephi I sent 2 winter coats, all my scarves and my 2 pairs of boots there and all the letters I have gotten since I’ve been out. 

2 weeks till Mom's day!!  So first things first.....Moms day...either 2:30, 3:30 or 4:30 pm, my time...not sure which yet so I will let you know I hope that you are off or can talk on the phone that day....
I miss you like a fat kid loves cake

When you get to the end, don’t talk about home... work hard and help your companion have that fire that they will need to go on after you leave.

Welcome home at 7:00 at the Andrews home.  Food of course and a meet and greet with "one return Sis missionary.... Sis Andrews"  :)   Sound good :-) I am R.S.V.P.ing now...I will be there at 7:00 pm....

No comments:

Post a Comment