January 27, 2010
I hope you know that I love you and miss you. Really strange not talking to you every day, but I wouldn't give this up for anything!
As I told you my companion is Sis Kallas, from Evanston, Wyoming. She is way nice and talke alot...but I talk very little so we're having a hard time combining everything, that way I can talk more and she can talk less. So far we've taught the first lesson 3 times, practiced contacting, and door approaches. We've worked in the RC or referal center, and we've gone into the TA, which is basically- we sit and have a discussion with actors while our teachers film the whole thing with a camera and watch it so that way they can tell us what we need to work on. The first time we went through the discussion it was like way bad, but by the time we got to the TA we actually did very well. Apparently all the other teachers were way impressed with how well our district is. The other stressful thing is Sunday. They literally don't call speakers until right after sacrament and say your name... so we have no prep time. I sear I nearly had a heart attact last Sunday from the stress.
We've heard form three amazing speakers so far. We heard from Vicki Matsumori of the primary presidency. Steven Allen from the missionary department, and Stevn Snow of the President of the 70. We also got to watch Joseph Smith: Prophet of the restoration.
To be honest I don't know why I was so freaked out, but then at the same time there are those moments when I get way too streessed out, like right before we went into the TA. Like Sis Kallas said, it's like we didn't exist before now, which Pres. Snow talked about, "live your life according to your mission. There is before your mission and after your mission."
Nicole
"The Lord calls in our weakness; and then qualifies us for the work." Pres. Joseph Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment